Ujvala Singh has a depth of knowledge and experience in legal malpractice, ethics, and breach of fiduciary duty cases. She represents companies and individuals in pursuing such claims, and is available to counsel law firms and other organizations on legal ethics issues.
Ms. Singh has successfully litigated, tried and handled the resulting appeals in cases involving attorneys’ professional negligence and ethics violations in commercial transactions and a variety of state and federal trial and appellate matters. The underlying cases in these attorney wrongdoing claims involved, for example: eminent domain and condemnation proceedings; patent prosecution and litigation; trademark litigation; securities litigation with allegations of insider trading; a dispute between a startup company and its venture capital funder; business torts; personal injury matters; commercial construction disputes; immigration; bankruptcy; commercial land transactions.
Alongside her legal ethics and professional conduct practice, Ms. Singh also represents companies and individuals in corporate and business disputes.
While in law school, Ms. Singh served as judicial extern to the Honorable Susan R. Bolton, Senior Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona, and as judicial intern to the Honorable James S. Starzynski, retired as Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Mexico.
In addition to the practice of law, Ms. Singh holds a Ph.D. in comparative literature with minors in classics and philosophy. As a scholar, she published peer reviewed articles, presented at conferences, and was a lecturer and a resident writing fellow at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
In her free time, Ms. Singh is training to be a pilot.
State Bar of California
- Member and MCLE Articles Editor, Standing Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct (COPRAC)
Bar Association of San Francisco
- Arbitrator, Attorney-Client Fee Arbitration Program
- Chair (2017) & Member of the Executive Committee, Delegation to the Conference of California Bar Associations: Justice Through Laws (CCBA)
Conference of California Bar Associations: Justice Through Laws
- Subcommittee Chair, Resolutions Committee
- Joint Defense Agreements: Intertwined Ethical and Strategic Considerations, State Bar of California, 22nd Annual Statewide Ethics Symposium, April 6, 2018
- Proposed Changes to the Rules of Professional Conduct: Will They Affect Your Practice, San Joaquin County Bar Association, Master Series MCLE Program, January 17, 2018
- Legislative Drafting: How to Get From an Idea to a Law, Bar Association of San Francisco, January 11, 2018
- The Ethics Game: An Interactive Approach to Understanding the Top Legal Ethics Developments in California in 2016, California Minority Counsel Program / Kaiser, 6th Annual CLE Marathon, January 11, 2017
- My Lips are Sealed – Client Secrets, Confidences and the Attorney-Client Privilege, State Bar of California, 89th Annual Meeting, September 29 – October 2, 2016
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Ph.D. (2002), M.A., B.A.
Vermont Law School, J.D. (2007)
California; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; U.S. District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of California